Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Death

Just last night, I learned from Ms. Claire's blog that Brad Renfro (The Client, Apt Pupil, Sleepers) recently passed away. The cause of death has not yet been determined. I tried to look it up on People.com but to no avail. Instead, I found Heath Ledger's photo but I disregarded the same. It was, I think, a Celebrity Fun Fact. There was yet no news of his death. He was probably still snoring in his apartment during those hours.

It was this morning when I received three consecutive messages from May Love, Brecil and my sister regarding Ledger's death. It was sad and shocking, to say the least. I'm not his big fan or anything though I found him adorable as Patrick in "Ten Things I Hate About You." It is the fact that he left a two-year old daughter which saddens me.

A lot of people die at a young age. The thought reminds me more and more of how death comes even when one least expects it.

"Even if you had remained in your homes,
those for whom death was decreed
would certainly have gone forth to the place of their death."

The Holy Qur'an, Al-Imran:154


3 comments:

<.> said...

death sure is inevitable. it's something that'll keep snapping in our heels wherever we go. if it's time, then it is and so be it. life is short talaga sajs dear noh? this is depressing. :(

sahara alia said...

agree. life is short. and temporary. sige lang. hehe

itsmeela said...

yeah..it is so sad that he has left a 2-year old daughter. But in one of his interviews he actually made this statement "I can already die because I will live through my daughter" - not the exact words but something like that. sad.. :(