Thursday, February 14, 2008

Black Valentine with Fr. Gus

w

The class decided to wear black today. (yey!)

And I decided to wear a skirt after seven long years. (yehey!)

At any rate, the most significant thing that happened today was that Fr. Gus, our professor in Business Organization 2 (and the professor we fear most in or out of the classroom) threw in a love quote and recited Shakespeare's Sonnet 73 in class.

Apparently, a shirt print caught his attention before he entered the room. The shirt said, "Study first, love can wait." According to Fr. Gus, however, "If it can't wait, it's not love."

Hearing those lines from the most intimidating professor in law school was almost like passing his exam. It lightened everyone's mood, which was of course a wonderful feeling considering our kill joy quiz in our Insurance class three hours thereafter.

So, it's been a long while since I've been to a poetry reading session. We had many of those in college and I've forgotten about them. The truth is, I no longer recognize the Creative Writing student in me anymore. I no longer write. I don't read any literary works. I don't even read the papers. This is why I couldn't help but smile when Fr. Gus recited Sonnet 73. He memorized all 14 lines by heart. He asked us if we memorized any of Shakespeare's works. Nobody answered. Shame on us. Oh, well. Shame on me. My professor in my Shakespeare class required us to memorize some lines from Shakespeare's plays but sad to say, I could only remember a few words.

Then we took some pictures. I was glad to have finally joined in the class picture. I totally missed the one they had with the late Dean IƱigo the other year.

Fr. Gus' good mood was a plus.

My only prayer is that we'll be able to flash the same worry-free smiles at the end of the semester.

4 comments:

Ako Si May said...

hehe... ang cute. halos lahat kayo nakablack. hehehe...

don't worry girl. ako rin naman wala ng naaalala sa mga shakespear plays na minemorize natin noon. di na rin ako nagbabasa ng mga literary works. di ka nag-iisa! hehe

kaRLa said...

nice... Fr. G went soft pala...haha lumabas ang romantic side..

sayang, i wasn't able to see you in your skirt..hehe

jazi said...

lingaw jud ako .. highlight jud si Fr - the class itself and the picture .. imagine!

pero natuwa jud ako when i saw you in a skirt .. hehe

tapos nag-black pa jud tayo karamihan .. pakisama jud ...

these basically made my balentaymS!

jazi said...

p.s. ang gilagay mo na picture pala kay iyong wala ako kay ako nag-picture .. hehe