So there I was in my denim pants and slippers, positioning myself without knowing what to do. I looked absolutely stupid. I couldn't even serve the ball properly. With a number of tries, I was only able to send it across the net once or twice. While my teammates Mara and Ate Ada exchanged high fives as they scored, I, on the other hand, stared and blinked and scored some points in favor of our opposing team (Liezl, Norhani and Famy).
Ate Ada and Mara gave words of encouragement. They wanted me to learn how to play. I thought, "why not?". Nothing, however, could prepare me for the kids' remarks. I wanted to laugh and melt at the same time when Bhai Shariah, Ate Ada's little girl, said, "Pwedeng change the player? Matatalo na naman kayo nyan." It was funny because the girl looked serious. She wanted me out of the game. haha! It would have been a pleasure to just sit on the bench and watch the game but neither Norliza, Ate Johairah, Ate Debbie nor Aisa wanted to trade places.
CA, Ate Ada's 10-year-old son even asked Norliza, "Ate, marunong ka mag-play?"
"Oo, kaya lang naka-palda ako eh," Norliza answered.
"Baka kasi pagod na si Ate Leng."
*sigh* Kids! hehe :)
2 comments:
inggit lang sila kasi ikaw ininvite tapos sila hinde... hehehe
ha? sino yan? hehe
Post a Comment