Monday, July 30, 2007

Children of the Ever-Changing Moon


When Ms. Claire Dy, my college professor, texted me months ago that my essay, "Language Barriers" was going to be published in an anthology of essays by young Moro writers, I was surprised, to say the least.

My life in law school almost made me forget that I was once a struggling Creative Writing student. I haven't written a single poem, essay or story in years! (Except, of course, the tribute I wrote for my father). Nevertheless, I was glad that Ma'am Claire still remembered me and more importantly, my essay.

Things, however, did not totally sink in until Mr. Teng Mangansakan, the Anthology's editor, e-mailed me (an image of) the cover of the book. Shucks. Now, I'm getting more and more excited.

The release date, according to Mr. Mangansakan, is going to be on August 29, 2007 and the books will be available in bookstores by first week of September.

I can't wait to have my own copy and show it to my mother. lol

Thanks to Ms. Claire for the trust, and to Mr. Mangansakan for coming up with the idea of releasing an anthology such as this one. I am definitely looking forward to reading the works of my moro brothers and sisters.

3 comments:

Ako Si May said...

ako rin, ako rin! so excited to see your name published in a book, gurl! wow! bigateeeeeen! hahaha

itsmeela said...

wow!!! congrats lia! :) wow, bigatin ka na nga... gosh, launching na ba ito ng writing career mo? hehe..congrats..:)

sahara alia said...

bigatin? feeling ko naman nasa wowowee ako nyan. hehe.

thanks, girls. sa sept18 na nga pala ang release ng book. ma'am claire texted me yesterday. =)