I feel ashamed for not being able to write anything sensical in this blog. It's such a shame for someone who holds a degree in Creative Writing. *sigh*
In case you've been reading my previous posts, you'd notice how short my entries were. I sometimes don't make any sense at all. I often post graphics and photos to fill the spaces (horror vacui again).
The truth is, i haven't written anything "creative" since i stepped out of UP. I'm not even sure if I still remember the know-hows of writing poems and short stories. The only writing tip I'm concerned of these days is the one that Dean IƱigo taught us before our first exams in Civil Procedures and Provisional Remedies. The old man taught us how to pass the Bar through what he called "the 4 C's" -- concise, clear... shucks. I forgot the other two C's.
Anyway, when Ela asked if the "Children of the Ever-Changing Moon" signaled the launching of my writing career, I wasn't sure what to say. I really have no intention of launching a career in writing. As of this moment, I don't have the passion to write. I couldn't associate myself with Creative Writing or with any literary stuff. I don't mean to say that I'm turning my back against everything I learned back in college. I really wish I could write, and I still dream of getting published. It's just that I no longer have the "drive." I'm not inspired to write. My hand no longer itches to grab a pen and jot down my thoughts.
It's sad, actually especially when I couldn't relate with my former classmates' discussions on literary stuff. I'd consider myself a hypocrite if I would claim to be interested in this indie movie or in this new book by a critically-acclaimed author. I couldn't even remember a single poem by Pablo Neruda. I never appreciated "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho. I couldn't name a single Filipino poet except Sir Ricky de Ungria. Shameful, isn't it? I say, it's tragic. Ce'st la vie.
In case you've been reading my previous posts, you'd notice how short my entries were. I sometimes don't make any sense at all. I often post graphics and photos to fill the spaces (horror vacui again).
The truth is, i haven't written anything "creative" since i stepped out of UP. I'm not even sure if I still remember the know-hows of writing poems and short stories. The only writing tip I'm concerned of these days is the one that Dean IƱigo taught us before our first exams in Civil Procedures and Provisional Remedies. The old man taught us how to pass the Bar through what he called "the 4 C's" -- concise, clear... shucks. I forgot the other two C's.
Anyway, when Ela asked if the "Children of the Ever-Changing Moon" signaled the launching of my writing career, I wasn't sure what to say. I really have no intention of launching a career in writing. As of this moment, I don't have the passion to write. I couldn't associate myself with Creative Writing or with any literary stuff. I don't mean to say that I'm turning my back against everything I learned back in college. I really wish I could write, and I still dream of getting published. It's just that I no longer have the "drive." I'm not inspired to write. My hand no longer itches to grab a pen and jot down my thoughts.
It's sad, actually especially when I couldn't relate with my former classmates' discussions on literary stuff. I'd consider myself a hypocrite if I would claim to be interested in this indie movie or in this new book by a critically-acclaimed author. I couldn't even remember a single poem by Pablo Neruda. I never appreciated "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho. I couldn't name a single Filipino poet except Sir Ricky de Ungria. Shameful, isn't it? I say, it's tragic. Ce'st la vie.
7 comments:
concise, correct, complete and clear .. i think eto iyong 4 Cs ni Dean ;)
by the way, I love "The Alchemist" .. hehe
you're waiting for inspiration to come knocking on your door, girl? hala ka! do you remember what sir tim once told us about this habit? he said that if we wait for inspiration then we're not wRiters anymore, but wAiters. hehehe... but i understand what you're going through. i'm not even writing anything creative in my blog anymore. basta kung ano na lang. ang importante ay ang makapagsulat ako. hehe :)
to jazzie: haha! correct and complete pala ang kulang ko. =p
to may love: inspiration is out of the question, gurl. hehe =p kulang lang siguro sa time.
"The old man taught us"...gosh, you sound like he's gone, dear.
Hai, the digests you borrowed are either with Blithe or Jazzie. Having memory lapses lately....I'm still 23. That's still young, dibs?
hehe. hindi kaya. "taught" naman talaga ang appropriate term kasi it happened more than a month ago na. hehehe. i love dean! =0)
23? ok ra na... si maylove nga o, mag-23 na rin next month. hahaha
3:49 AM
hoy! bakit ako napasok sa usapan? gaga ka! ibuking ba?! hmph.
Post a Comment