
Time does fly so fast. It wasn't long ago when my classmates and I watched the Egyptian Deputy Chief Justice's lecture on Shariah Law in Ateneo. What made the event memorable for me was how my classmates and I became affected by the fact that our Dean Iñigo wasn't addressed in the closing remarks. Apparently, Chief Justice Puno recognized the presence of almost every "high-ranking" person in the room except Dean's. My classmates and I loved and adored our Remedial Law professor so much that we got affected by such omission. In the first place, it was the College of Law which prepared and arranged the event (or so I was told).
That was two months ago. It wasn't long after when Dean got admitted to the hospital and rumors had it that there was a slim chance for his recovery.
And then he passed away tonight at 6:15 p.m.
*sigh* :'(
I loved Dean Iñigo. His passion for teaching was, beyond a doubt, remarkable. It was in fact, contagious because I also developed a passion for studying his lectures. It was through his class when I truly learned how to prepare for an exam. Passing his exams made us proud, but getting to the top list and seeing one's name on the bulletin board as one of the topnotchers was a dream. I remember Jazzie and I wished for those spots. Kahit once lang sa five exams niya because such achievement would have been truly an honor.
But now he is gone.
*sigh* :'(
I am just so much thankful that I was able to learn from Dean; that I was able to sit in his class for one and a half semester, listening to and learning from his stories. With him gone is a big loss to us, to the Law School. But then he will always be remembered.
----------------
Kakainis lang kasi wala ako sa picture. I wonder kung asan ako nung moment na ito. hmp. Wala pa tuloy akong remembrance with Dean. tsk.
2 comments:
Hai, makahilak na sad ko .. hehe
It's good that our wishes came true .. na-post names natin under Dean's subject. Don't also forget how excited we were to start studying for the next exam right after Dean told us the answers to the exam we recently had :) Swerte tayo dahil na-under tayo sa kanya :)
Class picture was taken on December 7, 2006.
ah...kaya pala wala ako sa picture. one week ako absent non.. =0)
oo nga, jaz. naisip ko rin yan. i forgot to write about how excited we were for the exams.. haay..
Post a Comment