Last week of November 2006 -- It was Wednesday, I think, when it happened. I was called for recitation in class. It so happened that I haven't read the case I was assigned to recite so I ended up being unresponsive to my professor's questions. It was embarrassing. In fact, I was so embarrassed that I cried as soon as I walked past our school gate.
I haven't told anyone about it except Goldfish. I was tempted to seek comfort from my father but I dismissed the thought. I didn't want to give him the idea that I was giving up because that was how I felt at that time. I've been ranting about my school performance since my first semester in law school and I felt that my father was already starting to get disappointed.
I was so tired of law school that I thought I could use a week long vacation. I told Goldfish that I wished I had one week, just one week, to free myself from the pressures of law school.
Giving up was, of course, not an option so I comforted myself by just forgetting about the whole thing. Then I thought I could use a little rescheduling so I could cope with my reading assignments. Hence, the poster.
I listed all my reading assignments and fixed my schedule. I was all set for the coming week. December 4, 5, and 6. I didn't even plan anything for my birthday on the 5th because I was so focused on "redeeming" myself.
Then came Saturday. December 2. I received a call from a high school classmate telling me that my parents were ambushed. My father passed away.
So there, I got my one-week vacation.
My reading schedule became moot and academic.
I never removed the poster though. It's been two years since then. :)
I haven't told anyone about it except Goldfish. I was tempted to seek comfort from my father but I dismissed the thought. I didn't want to give him the idea that I was giving up because that was how I felt at that time. I've been ranting about my school performance since my first semester in law school and I felt that my father was already starting to get disappointed.
I was so tired of law school that I thought I could use a week long vacation. I told Goldfish that I wished I had one week, just one week, to free myself from the pressures of law school.
Giving up was, of course, not an option so I comforted myself by just forgetting about the whole thing. Then I thought I could use a little rescheduling so I could cope with my reading assignments. Hence, the poster.
I listed all my reading assignments and fixed my schedule. I was all set for the coming week. December 4, 5, and 6. I didn't even plan anything for my birthday on the 5th because I was so focused on "redeeming" myself.
Then came Saturday. December 2. I received a call from a high school classmate telling me that my parents were ambushed. My father passed away.
So there, I got my one-week vacation.
My reading schedule became moot and academic.
I never removed the poster though. It's been two years since then. :)
3 comments:
dang, i still remember that dreadful day. :(
we made to senior year. there's no stopping us, right? konting tiis nlang sajs, and we can forget all the horrors in law school, and our crushes who walked thru its corridors(koneksyon?). hehe. *hugs*
shucks. our crushes. yihee! maka-batal ng puasa. haha
5/12, fel. kaya natin to. apir! :0)
kaya pala... i've always wondered why you never took down the poster or changed its contents. i thought baka tinamaan ka na naman ng katamaran mo. hehe... now i know and now i understand.
lapit na ang bar nyo! yey! but first, kelangan munang pumasa sa fourth stage. mas mahirap pag malapit na ang goal, kaya hodl on, girl!
when the going gets tough, the TOUGH gets going!
Post a Comment