Sunday, December 02, 2007

Salaam and Sukran

A year or two ago, I couldn't have imagined that I would appear on a local TV advertisement, that my graduation pictures would be featured on a national news program, or that I would sign "autographs" for people I've never met. For someone whose favorite habits are limited to sleeping and having coffee sessions with her friends, I consider these things as one of life's surprises.





The "Children of the Ever-Changing Moon" was finally launched last November 29. Thanks to Felai, I was convinced to skip my classes and attend the book launch. She was right. It was all too corny for me not to attend. I actually felt embarrassed especially toward Mr. Teng Mangansakan, my editor, for the hesitations I had. After the event, I realized that it was fun and all worth it. This was despite the impromptu speech I had, which I admitted was worse than our class recitations in law school. And I'd be willing to skip four more classes for another book launch. *wink*



Again, thanks to Felai for accompanying me and for the "Enchanted" adventure.

To Brecil, for not missing the event despite her busy schedule and for the photos she took. Thanks, gurl.

To May Love, for dropping by just as she promised. I wished she stayed longer but hey, she's one busy girl, too. Thanks for the support, gurl.

To Jazzie, for the updates in class. haha. And for the good news: I wasn't called for recitation!

To Ate Debbie, for the red notebook. weee...

To my little sister, Janna for being sweet.



To Mr. Teng Mangansakan, for appreciating my work. Thanks, thanks, thanks.

To Ms. Sarah Matalam-Alvarez, Ms. Loren Lao, and Ms. Nefertari Arsad for the warm smiles. It was nice meeting you all. Really. =0)

To Prof. Teresita Guillen, Prof. Antonino de Veyra and to Mr. John Bengan. I was happy to see them all there.

And of course, to Ms. Claire Dy, my professor in my Creative Nonfiction class. It was unfortunate that she wasn't able to make it to the book launch. She was in Manila at that time. Nevertheless, I have to express my biggest thanks to Ma'am Claire for everything that I learned from her in our class, and for trusting that my work was worth publishing. Thank you, Ma'am Claire!

Salaam and Sukran. =)

3 comments:

kaRLa said...

Uyy why didn't you tell me?! Book launch mo? I would have wanted to go there kung alam ko lang hmmp... hehe Congrats alia, im proud of you... Pwede pahingi ng copy? What's it about?

sahara alia said...

i posted an invite baya. nagcomment ka pa nga. haha. may class tayo non. nag-absent nga kami ni felai eh. hehe =o)

buy ka ng copy, karl. isa lang binigay sakin na complimentary copy eh. available na sa national bookstore. hehe

Felai Puerto said...

It was a great pleasure skipping all our classes and seeing you stutter all along,hehehehe.